Tours and Birthday Parties at The Fox Valley Humane Association
Tours of FVHA are available to children in grades 1-6 (ages 7-12). They may be made available to those that are younger in special situations or summer school programs. Tours are fun as well as educational and are a great way to get an understanding of FVHA.
When on a tour kids and their chaperones get to explore the halls of our facility and learn more about what we do here at FVHA, ranging from helping our animal friends to working with our community members. Our Adoption Specialists guide you around talking about what our staff members do on a daily basis, as well as what our amazing volunteers do and how you can become one!
How to Schedule a Tour?
- All Tours MUST be scheduled at least TWO WEEKS in advance.
- Tours are available by APPOINTMENT ONLY, we do not allow any walk-in’s.
- Tours must be scheduled with Erin Harpt at 920-733-1717 ext. 107 or Eharpt@foxvalleypets.org
- Groups are limited to 10-12 children and one chaperone for every five kids is required.
- The length of the tour is 30 minutes.
- General Tours are $4.00 per child.
- Animals may be brought out at the end of the tour if there is enough time, the decision will be made by available Adoption Staff at the time of the tour.
Each child must have an FVHA field trip permission slip signed by a parent or guardian, turned in on the day of the tour.
Payment for tours must be made in full at the beginning of the tour.
Food and Drink not allowed.
Birthday Parties at FVHA are a great way to celebrate that special birthday kid and bring awareness to FVHA. Parties can be held on Saturdays between 10am and noon or on Tuesdays between 5pm and 7pm. There are two birthday packages available and both include a gift from FVHA for the child.
When you and your family join our FVHA staff for a birthday party you are given a tour of the Shelter and our staff will talk about the ways in which our facility benefits those in the community. You will learn about what our staff and volunteers do on a daily basis, and you will get to learn about all of the animals in our shelter. The tour lasts about 30 minutes at the beginning of your party and after you are given an hour for the bulk of your event with family and friends. Your last 30 minutes is where the fun really begins! An Adoption Specialist will join your birthday party along with a few of their furry friends for you to spend time with.
How to Schedule a Birthday Party?
- All Birthday Parties MUST be scheduled at least TWO WEEKS in advance.
- Birthday Parties are available by APPOINTMENT ONLY, we do not allow any walk-in’s.
- Birthday Parties must be scheduled with Erin Harpt at 920-733-1717 ext. 107 or Eharpt@foxvalleypets.org
- For 15 people or less (parents and children included) they are given half the education room for $75.
- For 15 people or more (parents and children included) they are given the full education room for $100.
- There will be a 30 minute window before the party begins where the family may arrive to set up and get their things in order.