Stray and Found Pets and Reclaiming
Have you lost a pet? We may have him or her here at the shelter. It is our sincere wish that you and your pet are reunited as soon as possible. Therefore we will do all we can to make that happen.
We encourage you to call us at (920) 733-1717 before visiting the shelter so all questions can be answered in advance.
In order for you to reclaim your pet, you will be required to comply with Wisconsin State Statute #173.23. The following is a list of what is required to reclaim a dog or cat:
- Your pet must have a current rabies vaccination certificate. If your pet does not have this vaccination you must purchase a prepaid vaccination from a licensed veterinarian.
- A current dog/cat license in the municipality that you reside in, if applicable. As of January 2007, dogs must be licensed in all municipalities, and cats must be licensed in City of Appleton, Village of Fox Crossing, City of Menasha, City of Neenah, Fond du Lac and Milwaukee. You cannot purchase a license without evidence of a rabies vaccination or prepaid vaccination.
- A driver’s license or accepted form of identification.
- Full payment of the reclaim fee (please see below). Additional fees may apply if reclaimed after the 7 day stray hold ($20/day). $45.00 transportation fee may also apply. Payment must be made in cash or with a Debit/Credit card.
- $40.00 if reclaimed within 48 hours of arriving at FVHA
- $80.00 if reclaimed after 48 hours of arriving at FVHA
- $45.00 Transportation Fee will be charged in addition to the Reclaim Fee if FVHA was called to pick up your pet
- $20.00 per day Boarding Fee will apply in addition to the $80.00 Reclaim Fee if reclaimed after Day 7 of arriving at FVHA
- Accepted methods of payment are Credit, Debit and Cash
When your animal arrives at FVHA, you can rest assured that he or she has received the necessary care and attention. These procedures have been set in place for the safety, health and well-being of the lost animal and all other animals at the shelter. As a service to our community , we are required to complete necessary paperwork and charge fees as stated in municipality contracts.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!