Fox Valley Humane Association is thrilled to offer a volunteer opportunity for teens ages 13-17 years old. The Junior Volunteer program offers responsible and energetic youth a chance to learn new skills and enhance their dedication to animal welfare. This program will allow these volunteers to make a difference in the lives of the animals at FVHA.
*WE DO NOT SIGN OFF FOR COURT-ORDERED COMMUNITY SERVICE REQUIREMENTS. IF YOU WISH TO BE SIGNED OFF FOR SCHOOL-REQUIRED VOLUNTEER HOURS THIS MUST FIRST BE APPROVED BY OUR VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR. *
- Junior Volunteers must be between 13-17 years old.
- Junior Volunteers aged 16-17 are able to volunteer with or without parental supervision in Shelter Maintenance, as long as the proper consent forms have been signed in person by the parent/guardian. The parent/guardian will be required to attend Volunteer Orientation with the Junior Volunteer as well. Please note that the parent/guardian will be held responsible for the actions and behavior of the Junior Volunteer while visiting the Fox Valley Humane Association. For Cat Cleaning & Socialization a Junior Volunteer (16-17) must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times an animal is present.
- Consent and supervision is required at all times for Junior Volunteers aged 13-15.
- An Adult Volunteer application will also need to be submitted for those accompanying Junior Volunteers aged 13-15 or the Jr. application will not be processed.
Junior Volunteer Positions:
- Shelter Maintenance: Laundry and Dishes
- Cat Cleaning & Socialization: Must be done with an adult present until 18 years of age
We are always welcome to new ideas or projects the Junior Volunteers are interested in. If you have suggestions, please let us know.
In order to attend orientation, applications must be submitted and approved by the Volunteer Coordinator at least ONE WEEK prior to orientation.
Submit your application here: Junior Volunteer Application