Have you found a pet?
If you find a lost pet:
1. Talk to people in the area to see if someone recognizes the pet.
2. Contact your local law enforcement agency or animal control contact to see if anyone has reported a pet missing that matches the pet you founds description.
3. Call FVHA at 920-733-1717 to file a Found Pet Report and to find out more information about the next steps if the owner of the pet cannot be located.
4. Post the found pet online on Lost Dogs of Wisconsin or Lost Cats of Wisconsin and Nextdoor.
5. Create posters and hang them where you found the pet.
Stray pets are held at FVHA for the state-mandated four day stray hold. If no owner comes forward during that time, the pet is evaluated for health and behavior before it is placed up for adoption.