In order for you to reclaim your pet, you will be required to comply with Wisconsin State Statute #173.23. The following is a list of what is required to reclaim a dog or cat:
- Bring proof of ownership such as but not limited to: vet records, adoption papers, photos of your pet.
- Your pet must have a current rabies vaccination certificate. If your pet is not current on rabies, FVHA can provide this vaccination for a $20 charge.
- Accepted methods of payment are Credit, Debit and Cash
- A current dog license in the municipality that you reside in, if you are reclaiming a cat please check to see if your municipality requires a cat license.
- A driver’s license or accepted form of identification.
- When your animal arrives at FVHA, you can rest assured that he or she has received the necessary care and attention. These procedures have been set in place for the safety, health and well-being of the lost animal and all other animals at the shelter. As a service to our community, we are required to complete necessary paperwork as stated in municipality contracts. Please call 920.733.1717 for any questions.